Sunday, February 8, 2015

White Dudes

I gave a presentation on how silly the planning for the Brent Spence Bridge is. One slide that did and did not surprise me was of the key players. 



Now I was a little selective in the reporters I picked, I think maybe a female or non-white dude has written something. Also - I have Portune in there  - but a different white dude took his spot.

Also these are just the public faces. Maybe there is some diversity at the working level. 

Also - I am a white dude and most (but not all) of the transportation planners I know are. 

But I am just saying. Maybe we need some diversity in thinking to solve the problems at hand. These guys have not come up with a working solution yet. 



1 comment:

  1. Couple of things to note about this. First, Joe Meyer (pictured next to Matt Davis) is not a Lobbyist. He volunteers his time to NKYUnited as a resident of Covington.

    Second, the counterpart at NKYUnited to Matt Davis' position with Build Our Bridge Now is actually me. And I'm a woman, and a Latina.

    Overall I agree with you that diversity in the planning process is needed.

    -Marisa McNee
    Northern Kentucky United

    ReplyDelete